If the class that interests you does not appear below, it is because the class is fully enrolled. You may be added to a waitlist for the class by emailing the Classes & Workshops Coordinator at email@example.com
For more details on the Classes & Workshops program and the six classes this spring, please visit the Classes and Workshops Current Offerings page of the University of Arizona Poetry Center web site.
The UA Student Broadside Contest is administered by the School of Art Book Art and Letterpress Lab. Due to financial restrictions, only full-time UA students are eligible to receive prize money for these contests, but community members in good standing with the UA Letterpress Lab are welcome to submit and are eligible to win with no prize money component.
Five winners of the Broadside Contest will be paired with winners of its parallel contest, UA Student Poetry Contests, to create a limited-edition broadside reproducing an excerpt or the entirety of one of the poetry winners’ poems. Upon completing this collaboration, student winners will be awarded $100 each.
- To be eligible, artists must have letterpress printing experience with the School of Art Book Art and Letterpress Lab.
- Please submit three images for consideration.
- Your submission of images can represent a sample of your previous two-dimensional artistic work and range. At least one image must be of work with letterpress edition printing.
- Submissions must be formatted as JPGs or PDFs and must not include the artist’s name.
- All three images should be uploaded together as one single submission.
- Deadline: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 by midnight MST.